Saturday, August 17, 2019

Solitary woman

Once in a blue moon, I find myself alone on the beach.

A late weekend afternoon, the sun is a torch; but the relentless wind propels and cools me as I wander along the deserted shoreline.

Craving silence, I hear the deafening crash of waves hurled with a vengeance at my feet.

I seek an unobstructed stretch of sand, but waters and winds conspire and throw rocks in my path.

I long for inner contemplation and escape from the noise of everyday life, but all around me nature cries out so loud that I stop in my tracks and acknowledge the presence of the Artist who created it all.

I'm listening, Lord.



Kneeling in the sand, I await the pounding waves.
The finery of wildflowers: Queen Anne's lace
One of my favorite places: a sandy crevice in the rocks.
Stairway to Heaven?
The Creator's artwork

Remnants of the Ice Age
Nature thrives in its rocky bed.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful reflection, Linda. The Stairway to Heaven photo calls to mind St. Faustina’s vision of two routes to heaven for souls: a smooth roadway crammed with happy people rushing to fall off a cliff; a rock and obstacle strewn path where people trip, stumble and fall and getting up again to continue their journey to Christ at path’s end. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Joe, for reading my post and sharing St. Faustina's vision. Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete